We are always interested in hearing from creative, talented individuals who share our philosophy and passion. If you are interested in a career with Stefan Bolliger Associates Inc. please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
Senior Landscape Architect
Posting Date: December 6, 2019
Deadline/Expiry: January 10, 2020
Job Location: Barrie, ON
Stefan Bolliger Associates Inc. is an award-winning firm that embraces the concept that ecological, natural resource-based planning and design forms the very basis for our sustained survival in our rapidly changing environments. We are looking to welcome a Senior Landscape Architect with experience in the municipal and development fields. This is a unique opportunity which will allow for rapid growth and professional development for the selected applicant. The ideal candidate is passionate and committed to the landscape architecture discipline and looking to commit to a firm long-term. You have an entrepreneurial character with some business background and are willing to learn necessary skills to assist in the administration and further development of the company.
We are seeking a qualified candidate with seven (7) or more years of experience working in a professional office environment, with a strong background in project management and excellent leadership skills. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in the design process with thorough knowledge of design applications including grading, rendering, contract document preparation, construction administration, and project close-out.
- BLA University Degree, Diploma in Landscape Design or equivalent
- 7+ years experience in a professional landscape architectural firm
- Full member of the OALA
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Suite and Photoshop
- Experience in proposal writing, networking and client acquisition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write technical reports and summary reports
- Ability to create and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences and to skillfully handle on-the-spot questions
- Well-organized, independent work habits with the ability to prioritize and schedule tasks and supervise other staff
- Experience in preparing site plans, tender packages and technical specifications
- Ability to execute working drawings and produce construction details
- Willing and able to complete site assessments and site inspections in all weather conditions
- Excellent knowledge of the municipal approval process as well as relevant legislation, regulations, guidelines, and environmental assessments
- Experience providing contract administration, construction review, and oversight including site inspection through to project completion
- Experience interpreting landscape, mechanical, electrical and structural drawings and specifications, site grading and drainage plans
- Excellent time management and project management to keep projects on budget
- Good knowledge of plant material, eligibility for ISA membership is an asset
- Cooperative nature, excellent multi-tasker, willing to adapt
- Valid drivers licence and clean abstract
Reporting directly to the Principal, you will be responsible for the design and management of multiple projects from conceptual design through to contract administration and close-out. You will meet with a variety of clients, stakeholders, consultants and contractors and ensure that all projects are running smoothly and in a timely manner. You will oversee and coordinate the work of junior staff as well as mentor them on various aspects of projects. You will also be responsible for assisting with networking and client acquisition.
- Dynamic, creative and supportive work environment
- Flexible hours
- Varied types of project experience
- Networking and professional growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation
How to apply
Send your portfolio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be prepared for skills testing.
About Stefan Bolliger Associates Inc.
Stefan Bolliger Associates Inc. is a privately-owned Incorporated Company in Ontario and has been in existence since 1975. Our work is characterized by the strong belief that the outcome of our designs has to be a sustainable, socially responsible, environmentally sensitive and fiscally balanced solution to our clients design challenges. Incorporated with our design philosophy is a real understanding of project scheduling, budget considerations and current landscape construction techniques to produce award winning designs.